The Lab will close for the annual holiday break starting Friday, Dec. 24, and will re-open on Tuesday, Jan. 4. During the closure, Operations will be working on a modified schedule. The following is some information about services to keep in mind as you safely and effectively prepare for and return from the holidays.
- Badge Office – The badge office will be closed from Dec. 24 to Jan 3, and re-open on Jan. 4.
- COVID Testing – The Lab’s COVID testing company BasisDx will only pick up completed COVID test kits on Tuesday, Dec. 28, and Thursday, Dec. 30. Kits must be dropped off by 9 a.m. on those days and results will be available within the normal 24-48 hour timeframe. The normal kit collection will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022.
- Facilities – Teams will be completing scheduled preventive maintenance during the winter break.
- HVAC and lighting systems will be in off-hour settings to conserve energy.
- Normal operating temperatures will be maintained for all cold rooms, server rooms, and computer rooms.
- Building rounds will be performed three times per day.
- Health Services – Health Services is closed from 12/24/21-1/3/22 for the holiday curtailment period. See the website for details, including who to call in the event of an emergency or injury.
- Shipping and Receiving – Receiving and mail services will close at noon and shipping at 1 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 23. There will not be a regularly scheduled 2 p.m. FedEx pick-up at Buildings 50 or 90 on Dec. 23. All services will re-open on Tuesday, Jan. 4.
- Shuttle Service – Shuttles will run on their regular schedule on Thursday, Dec. 23 until 4 p.m. Beginning at 4 p.m.:
- Blue route will reduce to two shuttles, with the last shuttle leaving B65 at 6:45 p.m.
- Orange will reduce to one shuttle, with the last shuttle leaving B62/66 at 6:15 p.m.
- Rockridge’s last shuttle will leave B65 at 5:15 p.m.
- Potter Street’s last shuttle will leave B65 at 5:50 p.m.
- North Berkeley’s last shuttle will leave B65 at 6:30 p.m.
- Shuttles will not run during the holiday closure and will resume normal operations on Tuesday, Jan. 4.
- Site Access – Dec. 24 to Jan 3, Site Access will follow its normal off-hour access procedure:
- Blackberry Gate will be the only gate for entering the Lab. You can exit via Blackberry or Grizzly Gates.
- To enter the site, you must badge in at Blackberry Gate, or have your name on the approved access list along with a government-issued ID such as a driver’s license(required if driving a vehicle) or passport.
- Use your badge if you need to access any buildings.
- If you have any site or building access problems, contact the Lab’s Site Operations Center on x6999 or 1-510-486-6999.
When you leave, please do the following to help conserve energy:
- Power off computers, monitors, peripherals, power strips, and any non-essential equipment.
- Shut fume hood sashes.
- Turn off the lights.
- Close doors and windows.
Please empty perishables out of breakroom refrigerators.